Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 21, 2010

My last post on "tax day" took us all over the place. I want to try and get back to the reason we gather here. I want to share my thoughts and experiences since the last time and hope you find something interesting. That said, off we go.

That Friday, 4/16, I heard from my friend, "D". She is a newly hired security consultant and project manager with a well-known firm. We spent some time on the phone. She explained how she had been treated as a new kid on the block. E-mails ignored. Meetings set aside "for a more important priority". That is, until her director called a mandatory meeting which "D" facilitated. At that meeting, her associates heard what I already knew, she knows her business and was hired for a reason. Problem solved. "D" is happy and moving forward.

"D" is also a dog person. Her Doberman, Max, has been in therapy to regain the use of his back legs. Finally, this week, the water therapy which was recommended has been producing some results. Good luck Max. Keep on going....

On Saturday, I visited for lunch with my friends, C,K and the "Littles" a wonderful family of five (including my goddaughter-to-be baby Bella) who have become close friends that I love a lot. We had a wonderful lunch from Portillo's ( which they paid for over my objections - I made them promise that next time it's my turn). After lunch, we talked for hours about, among other things, Bella's therapies, Beauty's EI (Early Intervention) school and Bear's sports class. We shared family stories and secrets that only draw people closer. I like that. This is an extraordinary family that I will enjoy being around for a long time.

Sunday. In my life, when you spend Saturday playing..... Sunday becomes very domestic. With help from BW, laundry was done, a few bills were paid and we did a major visit to the grocery store. As I mentioned before, BW is a great cook. He had menus planned for the current week and knew exactly what we needed to buy. I filled in the list with household stuff. We had a very successful trip and didn't forget anything. That's important.

Monday. A workday for all here. BW cranking up his job search in all directions, revising resumes and, of course, hoping for a callback. Sorry I don't have any cute little kid stories. My sons are very big kids. However, they do eat and sleep as often as possible just like the little ones do.

Tuesday. Another workday for all. Rewind and repeat. I woke up with any earache and a sore throat thinking, of course, that I was finally going deaf. You see, I wear headphones, every day, all day to create the "white noise" I need to concentrate on my work. I went to the "Minute Clinic" for some pain relief. Although, it turns out not serious, it's still painful. The nurse practitioner, although polite and professional, was not prepared to give me any cool sinus decongestant drugs because of my high blood pressure medication. Damn. I'll try again on Friday with my doctor, Dr. Feelgood. He comes into the examining room with his prescription pad in hand and asks " What is it you need"??

Wednesday. Gee that's today. Another workday for all. Rewind and repeat. As I write this, I hear chainsaws buzzing outside which means that BW and BP are proceeding with the backyard remodeling (your remember- required by the bank) . They actually did some work last night, by electric construction lighting, to deconstruct the outside stairs which were built in 1991. We try to revolve our major refuse days around Wednesday. Garbage pickup is Thursday in this neighborhood. That's information I'm sure you needed to know. So, if you come to my house with a lot of garbage, come on Wednesday.

As they used to say, that is the week that was. No drama, crises or major upheaval. Nice.


Thanks for reading. Your comments are welcome

No comments: