Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5, 2010

BTK here. I didn't get more creative with my titles yet because most of what I have to say, for now, is for that small circle of family and friends who spend a few moments enjoying (I hope) what I have to say.

On that title thing, I did some research and tripped over a concept called SEO ( Search Engine Optimized) titles. OK, don't get scared. This is apparently something that " paid per post" bloggers need to worry about. Since, perhaps, the way you title a post influences the number of " search engine" hits you get and, based on your contract, the number of hits or comments you get may influence your paycheck. I'm still counting hits on one hand, or ( to be honest) not at all since I don't know how. Just some BTK trivia for you all. If you're here, you want to be. Read on.

My family Easter holiday, advanced to March 28 for attendance reasons, was ok. Since my "P" has passed, these are obligatory things that one must do. I don't enjoy them because about half of the people in attendance I don't care to see or talk with. Those that I do, I concentrate on and I typically leave early. The food is always good. The company, beyond my sister-in-law. "K" and her children, "not so much". Thankfully, the next one of those "family therapy sessions" isn't until November, for Thanksgiving. Maybe I can think of some place else to be by then.

This past week has been both a holiday and a religious week.

For the children, anticipating the Easter Bunny and his visit on yesterday kept every one of those 'littles" on the edge of their seats. I'm sure. I was invited on Saturday, April 3, 2010 to a first birthday party for K M. Her parents M & J went to high school with my son's and have been dear family friends ever since. I did enjoy the "kid" watching. There must've been a dozen or so children ranging in age from several months to 6 or 7 years. I saw bottles being fed. Honey Nut Cherrios being eaten from a table and well behaved toddlers being fed my mom until they had their fill. The children were nicely dressed and TRULY well behaved. It was a wonderful day for me. There was, of course, some expected discontent for the babes. There was no uncontrolled screaming or anything even close to a temper tantrum. I made sure I, publicly, told their parents what a credit it was to their parenting. I had a few cocktails, ate a lot of good food and did a "sober" 70 mile round-trip road trip with my hand controls.... a new milestone....

Easter, April 4, was an anti-climax to say the least. P& A off to Cedar Lake on Saturday evening for Easter with friends. BW, on Saturday evening, off to the city for Easter with his girlfriend. Me, alone again, naturally. (I think I'll write a song). I think my reaction to being alone was more mental than anything else. I've been alone many Sundays before and never felt quite like I did. I suspect it might be all of the holiday wishes from friends and remote family and then having to explain that our family "did something different' and they would politely react " oh, that's nice!"... so, I did laundry and paid the bills.

I guess, all in all, it's disconcerting in a way. I don't like change. I don't like being told what to do or where to be, without options. My "P" could always tell me what to do. She knew that. However, she never did. In 36 years, she always found a way to ask and when she asked, I always did what she asked, ALWAYS. I don't mind being asked and, when asked, I will, without question, compromise. I am no hard ass. I just don't like having my opinion be assumed or me being pushed around, ever. If you have the guts to ask me, I will tell you what I think. If you can't stand to listen to the answer, don't ask me the question.

My remodeling. Yet another roadblock. The banks underwriters want refinancing repairs done in what I think is an unreasonable time. My mortgage banker is sympathetic and easy to deal with. But, the underwriters that she must deal with don't have a soul. We'll see if there's a compromise.

Now, to BW. I I know he reads this blog, for which I'm thankful. So, I must write carefully. I want him to find the perfect job. But, there may not be time to wait until fall when the colleges are hiring. He has placed multiple applications for history teaching positions. He should certainly receive a response or two.

In the meanwhile, he has no income now and must certainly be feeling more dependent than any man would like to be. That's OK, I got his back. I try not to press too hard. He's recovering well from a long way down and I'm sure, it's a step at a time coming back. I thought I lost him there for a bit. I did not. He is back, and on it, and I could not be prouder and happier.

I know he gets frustrated. That's his way. He's ready to crank. When BW is tuned, stuff can't happen fast enough. I hope that he finds an interim job that will provide some cash and some fun. Nothing like cash and fun to lift your spirits, heh ??

I found a good note on which to end. Cash and Fun.

My best to my favorite Doo-Op goup (C,.K, and the "Littles")

Thanks for reading...comments welcome









No comments: