Tuesday, April 27, 2010

4/27/2010

BTK here. Rough week. Since last time there are some stories to tell. Band Practice. Confrontation (Young vs. Old). BTK is Sick. Family wedding plans (not mine) begin.

Lets get started.

Band. Some parents might be pleased to have their son's rock 'n roll band practice in the family room. Advantages: no cover charge, autographs are free and requests are played instantly. Disadvantages : Five electric guitars and a full drum kit vibrate the walls and floors in a 1000 sq. ft. home beyond belief, the kitchen fills with interested homies, girlfriends and groupies who contribute nothing to the session and make it impossible to get food, ice or even leave my room for the bathroom until it's over. I could not hear to make or take phone calls and I could not think to answer e-mail. Don't get me wrong. I love this band and all the guys in it. But I need to hear them in a much larger venue that is not right below my bedroom/office. I had to leave.

Confrontation. When I returned. The din continued. I wrote my son, the drummer, a poison pen e-mail. Not the smartest move. But, what's done is done ( and frankly I would do it again.) There are six guys in this band. The only reason that practice is here is that my son will not say no. I am hoping I planted that seed. I'm betting I did not. That was Friday, 4/23. Since then we've exchanged a fiery e-mail thread and have not spoken.

I woke up last Tuesday (4/20) with an ear ache and a sore throat. Despite my other ailments, these are new symptoms for me. I was alarmed. I called Dr. Feel-good but couldn't get an appointment until Friday 4/23. I decided I would visit a " Minute Clinic" at CVS to see if I could get some immediate relief. Although I have a high threshold for pain, this was really bothering me. The nurse practitioner was professional. However, because of my existing HBP medication, she was not able to prescribe anything. Therefore, I had to wait for Friday (4/23) to see my own doctor and suffer through the band practice, virtually unmedicated. No fun at all.

Feeling somewhat better after using the prescriptions for several days. Still not 100%. But better.

Wedding. Spoke to my sister last night about the marriage of her daughter, my niece. My niece and her fiancé have selected the Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. They will be married there by a minister who is a longtime family friend of her fiancé's family and will live in Columbus, Ohio where her fiancé's family runs a family-owned bakery business. The wedding is in February, 2011. Because I have special challenges connected with traveling, I will begin the planning immediately.

Thanks for reading. Your Comments are welcome.

No comments: