Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12, 2010

Seems a shame to repeat. so I won't.

BW is "on it" focused on coming home on the March 20th. I want to keep him focused on short run goals.

He contacted the graduate coordinator at school today and began the "late enrollment" paperwork so that he can preserve his Ph.D. status and hopefully, re -defer the student loans that have now come due. That is a good thing.

His glasses are still forthcoming and communication other than voice is extremely challenging. He forges ahead with his best effort.

BP and LDG went out for dinner with Polka Pete. It is Pete's 30th birthday. I would cherish that birthday again. But, probably have to count backwards too far.

Busy weekend coming up. Oak Forest St. Patty's parade tomorrow. I arranged, through my alderman, for a reserved parking spot and seat on the parade route. Never did that before. Tired of staying home, I guess. Hope to have a great time. On Sunday, will be meeting an old friend for lunch. I'm old, she's not. The lunch will be fresh and we'll have a great time. Looking forward indeed.

As St. Patrick's Day approaches, I share with you my favorite excerpt from an Irish blessing: May the sun rise to meet you, May the wind be always at your back, and may you be in heaven one half hour before the devil knows you're dead !!

Thank you for reading. Comment if you like.

No comments: