Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15, 2010

BTK back . Sorry for the extended absence.

There are things I have to say about this absence and things that must remain private.

Let's start here. BW admitted himself to the hospital on Saturday, March 13th. He was not well and perhaps had not been for several months. He had the courage to call 911, get himself admitted to a hospital and get the help he so desperately needed. He's fine now. Back on point. Tonight, back to the comforts of his home and looking to the future. BP and I will be bringing him home to Chicago on Saturday, March 20. Details are private. Don't ask, ' cause I won't tell. Just be glad BW is baaaaack!!

Saturday.March 13th. I actually left the house for the day. Surprise. I attended the first annual Oak Forest Fleadh ( pronounced "flah"). When I read about it in the paper, I made a decision. This was not another event I was simply going to avoid because of the crowd. So, I asked for an accommodation for my disability. I wrote my alderman an e-mail not knowing what to expect. After all, I've never done that before. I take what life deals and tolerate it.

My alderman, Chuck Towland, arranged for a personalized, reserved parking place right along the parade route at a tavern called Mrs. OBrien's Pub. They posted a special "professionally made" sign above my parking space which said " Mr. BTK (they used my proper surname, sorry, it's s a secret) Parking Only" and protected the space with a public works sawhorse. If you don't know my city, Oak Forest, you would not realize what a perfect location this was for me. One block for food and back to Mrs. OBriens for drink. The Pub staff even set up a special viewing chair for me for the parade. I had a great time. The people watching truly made the day. I don't drink often outside the house. My special thanks to Tom Hinsdale, the owner, for making this possible. I will visit them and soon again. Perhaps, tomorrow, on my birthday.

On to Sunday then. Talked to several good friends by phone. Calmed me down to hear their voices and have some conversation. Checked on BW in hospital. All Good. Laundry... pretty boring.. we discussed that . life still has to happen.

Today. BW home and ALL is good.. Got the repair estimate on my car... minor fender bender thing .. no big deal. I cut the corner too close on a narrow fast food drive-through and creased the driver's side. Not serious. Not hurt. No one else involved. Will drop the car off tomorrow and have it back by Friday.

Met another lovely, smart young woman today who helped me reorganize finances on my home to allow us to complete the remodeling on schedule with sufficient financing. Obviously, the boring paperwork review that BTK (aka Captain Paperwork) could provide serves no useful purpose here. Suffice to say all is good and smart women abound, thank god.

Talked to another longtime friend and another very smart woman, RR. She is wonderful and I am blessed to have her as a confidant.










No comments: